CPU & Memory
- Updated on 01 May 2018
- 1 minute to read
In this section, we will see how to set up monitoring of the system resources. The resources monitored under this section are CPU and Memory usage of the BizTalk and/or SQL Server. You can configure BizTalk360 to alert you when the CPU and Memory goes below the specified threshold percentage.
Setting up monitoring for System Resources
- Log in to the BizTalk360 application
- Click 'Monitoring' in the navigation panel
- Click the expand button against 'Manage Mapping' tab and depending on your requirement, select 'BizTalk Servers' or 'SQL Servers' link
- Select the BizTalk or SQL Server for which you want to set up the monitoring on one of the components
- Select the Alarm name Creating an alarm) from the drop down for which you would like to associate the alerts
- At the tab pages at the top, select System Resources
- Click Enable Monitoring button to set up monitoring for the system resources. You can customize your alert to trigger a warning when the CPU/memory usage goes above/below certain percentage (say 10% or 20%)
- Click Save to save the threshold information
- At any point, to stop monitoring, click Disable Monitoring button
The BizTalk Server BT360ESB needs to be monitored for high CPU and memory usage. Warnings should be received in case available CPU goes below 40% and available Memory goes below 30%. Errors should be received in case available CPU goes below 15% and available Memory goes below 10%.