Custom Widgets Operations
- Updated on 01 May 2018
- 2 minutes to read
In this article, we will take a comprehensive look at the steps involved to add a Custom Widget to Operations dashboard. In BizTalk360, users can create custom widgets and associate it with their dashboard. Through the custom widget, the user can integrate BizTalk360 API, Third party API's (like Sales Force, Power BI and Azure etc) and create the database queries by using Secure SQL Queries. Let's assume a real-time scenario for monitoring the SQL Jobs which is normally a tedious one. In BizTalk environment, multiple SQL Jobs are configured like BizTalk server management Database SQL Jobs, purging Jobs, Message Box, and Operation Instances job etc. A custom widget can be removed from the dashboard in two different ways:
Follow the steps as shown below to create a custom widget to monitor the SQL Jobs and pin it to the operational dashboard this will enable the operations team to monitor all the activities from the dashboard.
- Log into BizTalk360
- On the Home screen, click 'Add Widget'
- You will notice the Add/Remove Widget blade on the right-hand side of the screen. Click 'Add Custom Widget'.
- The Add New Custom Widget blade will request the basic configurations details like:
- Change Logo - This section allows the user to add a logo for the custom widget
- Name - Enter a friendly name that helps to identify the custom widget. Ex. DTA Purging Job
- Description- Enter a short description about the widget
- Script- Type the script into the space provided
- Insert Placeholder - While using external API code's, there may be occasions when you will be forced to use credentials (such as username, password) or confidential information. Instead of hardcoding the information, you can create them as a placeholder, and simply refer them to the code.
- Save & Pin to Dashboard - Click the Save & Pin to Dashboard button to close the Add New Custom Widget blade. Once the blade is closed, you will notice a confirmation message as Configuration Saved Successfully
- Cancel - Click Cancel to cancel the custom widget creation process
- Log into the application (as a Superuser)
- Click the 'Settings' icon at the top of the page
- Click 'Custom Widgets' from the left menu bar
- Click 'Create One' button. The Add New Custom Widget blade will open on the right side of the screen
- Follow the step 4 mentioned in Method 1 to complete the process
To remove a custom widget from BizTalk360 Dashboard, follow the steps in this section.