- Updated on 31 Oct 2018
- 2 minutes to read
BizTalk360 allows the user to customize template of the emails they receive from the system.The user can set up the email template based on their needs in the terms of theme, by editing the XSLT file and they can customize the footer text and captions.
How to setup the Email Template
- Login to BizTalk360 Application
- Click ‘Settings’ (gear icon) located at the upper right corner of the page
- Click ‘Monitoring and Notification’ in the menu panel on the left side of the screen.
- Click 'Manage Email Template' which will navigate you to the Manage Email Template section.
For creating a new template click on the New icon. A blade opens for providing the basic details like:
- Template name
- Toggle option to make this template as default one
When clicking on the Next button it will open the next blade where you can customize the email template. In this section, the user can provide their own information like:
- From Display name
- From Email Address
- Subject prefix
- Logo text
- Footer texts
- Customized theme
Under Edit theme colour settings, a user can choose the 6 Background (BG) colours which represent the different Light and Dark theme. Once the theme is selected, the user can preview the template while clicking the “PREVIEW TEMPLATE” button. Below picture shows the sample preview templates or clicks the eye icon to view the preview.
How to edit the XSLT of an Email Template
BizTalk360 uses XSLT (extensible Stylesheet Language Transformation) as the styling language for customization of the email template. follow below steps to edit these XSLT files from BizTalk360.
- Click on the Edit XSLT file, which will navigate you to the XSLT file section of Email Template
- Click on the Edit option and edit the XSLT. After editing the XSLT, validate the XSLT by clicking the Validate XSLT button
- The user can restore the previous XSLT by clicking on the Revoke XSLT Changes option
- Click the OK button to save the changes
- Choose the Cancel option if the user wants to cancel the settings
Restore System XSLT
This option Restore System XSLT helps the user to restore the XSLT update from the database.
Example: Whenever we made any improvements with regards to the email template, the improvements will be stored in database. To make use of the improved email template, you can use the Restore System XSLT option, which will restore current XSLT with the System XSLT.
Alarm Configuration of an Email Template
In the Alarm Configuration section, you can select the template that has been created in the Manage Email Template section. To select a template, follow the instructions below:
- Login to BizTalk360
- Click the Monitoring option in the navigation panel
- Select the Manage Alarm section