- 25 Nov 2021
- 2 Minutos para leer
- Actualizado en 25 Nov 2021
- 2 Minutos para leer
For a healthy BizTalk environment, it is important to keep an eye on database growth. Some of the BizTalk databases can grow extremely big; it’s not uncommon to have over 1 million records in certain tables (ex: MessageInOutEvents table in Tracking Database). Potentially, there can be a high performance impact when the database grows and queries become slower with more data in the database which, in turn, affects your BizTalk operations.
With the Database size monitoring feature, users can monitor the database and log file size of BizTalk and BizTalk360 databases, by simply configuring the error and warning threshold values for the database and log file sizes. For example, if the size of the BizTalkDTADb is greater than a threshold value configured, then you will get notified.
BizTalk360 will automatically list all the below BizTalk and BizTalk360 databases for the specific environment. These databases are:
- BAM Databases
Setting up Database Size Monitoring
You can follow the below steps to configure database size monitoring:
- Log in to BizTalk360 application
- Click the 'Monitoring tab' in the navigation bar
- Click the 'Expand' button in the Manage Mapping section
- Select the Alarm name (Manage Alarms) from the drop down, which you would like to associate the for monitoring
- Click 'BizTalk Environments => Database Size'. Here all the BizTalk and BizTalk360 databases that are available in the environment are listed, along with the total reserved data file and log file size of the databases
To monitor the size of a particular database, click on the particular row in the grid, which opens the configuration blade where you can define the threshold rules for monitoring.
Once the threshold rules are configured and saved, the status of the database size will be displayed in the grid. If any threshold violation happens, the user will be notified through the configured notification channel(s).
Below are the database parameters you can monitor:
|Data File Size||Total reserved data file size of the database|
|Data File Used Space||Total used space of the data file|
|Data File Available Space||Total available data file size|
|Log File Size||Total reserved Log file size of the database|
|Log File Used Space||Total used space of the log file|
|Log File Available Space||Total available log file size|