- Updated on 01 May 2018
- 2 minutes to read
This section mainly describes upgrade scenarios and answers some questions which might arise when you would like to upgrade BizTalk360. The section consists of the following parts:
- Can I Upgrade to a Higher Version, not being The Latest Version
- Is There An Option To Downgrade BizTalk360 To A Lower Level
- Upgrading BizTalk360
Can I Upgrade to a Higher Version, not being The Latest Version
s it possible to install another higher release without going to the latest version? For example - If we are running BizTalk360 version 7.X.XXX and the latest version is 7.Z.ZZZ. Instead of upgrading to the latest version 7.Z.ZZZ, can we upgrade to 7.Y.YYY?
An upgrade can be done with any higher release and need not be with the latest version. However, we highly recommended to take advantage and install the latest version as it will include bug fixes, enhancements and performance improvements.
Is There An Option To Downgrade BizTalk360 To A Lower Level
Is it possible to downgrade the product? For example - If we are running BizTalk360 version 7.X.XXX, can we downgrade to the previous version 7.V.VVV?
You CANNOT downgrade from the installed version to a lower version. We do not recommend to downgrade (though it is possible only by uninstalling the current BizTalk360 version and installing a lower version MSI) as it may cause huge data loss.
Please follow the steps to migrate to the latest version: As a best practice you should make a backup of your BizTalk360 database before upgrading.
Best Practice: Please update all the servers running the BizTalk360 components (monitoring service, analytics service, and web UI) to the same version before activating the license. This is applicable for both fresh installation and upgrade scenarios.
- Deactivate your license in Manage Licenses page
- Download the latest version of BizTalk360 installer from http://www.biztalk360.com/free-trial/
- Run Command prompt in the "Run As Administrator" mode
- Navigate to the location where the MSI file is saved and execute it
- Please run the MSI from an Administrator Command Prompt
- The upgrade process is pretty much straight forward. Simply, you just need to click ‘Next’ on all the pages to upgrade to the latest version. All the prerequisite checks will be automatically made by the installer to see if everything is available as expected.
- You need to enter the password for ‘Application Pool Credential’, the '**Monitoring Service Credential' **and the ‘Analytics Service Credential’. The usernames will be auto populated based on the existing BizTalk360 setup. You will also notice the path where BizTalk360 will be upgraded to the latest version.
- Once you have entered the password, click ‘Validate’ to verify whether the application pool and service account credentials are valid
- Once validations are complete, click ‘Upgrade’ to start the upgrade process. You can notice that BizTalk360 installer will automatically stop the monitoring service, remove the existing files, and replace them with the files required for the latest version.
- Once the installation is complete, click ‘Finish’ to close the installer. In the background, BizTalk360 application will be launched on the browser.