- 31 Dec 2019
- 3 Minutes to read
BizTalk Group Dashboard
- Updated on 31 Dec 2019
- 3 Minutes to read
The BizTalk Group Dashboard gives a consolidated view of all the artifacts mapped to all the alarms in an environment. With the BizTalk Group Dashboard, you can see all the artifacts' status and the error/warnings details in a single pane.
BizTalk Group dashboard gives the consolidated view of all the artifacts mapped to all the alarms in an environment.
The BizTalk Group Dashboard can be viewed by navigating to Monitoring ->BizTalk Group Dashboard. As a first step to use the BizTalk Group Dashboard user need to enable it. The Dashboard is split into three sections:
- Graphical Tree View
- Errors and Warnings
You can expand, collapse or adjust the screen based on the screen resolution.
Graphical Tree view
The graphical tree view presents the status of all the configured artifacts. Each node represents the artifacts in which the color code shows the status of the artifacts (Critical-red, Warning -Orange, Healthy-Green). When the user clicks on the artifact node it will popup the error details along with the associated alarm name. Users can then navigate to the respective artifact mapping section by clicking the error details.
Other characteristics of the graph are similar to the Monitoring dashboard graph.
Scenario 1: Same application artifacts mapped to multiple alarms
Consider a scenario if the same application artifact (Send port/Receive Location/Orchestration) is mapped to multiple alarms with different configurations. Say sendport1 is set to expected state as Started for Alarm1 and the same sendport1 is set to expected state as Stopped for Alarm2. In this scenario the BizTalk Group dashboard will give priority to positive state first, i.e expected state set to Started will be considered and listed in the dashboard.
Scenario 2: Same artifacts (File Location/Queues/BizTalk Environment etc) mapped to multiple alarm
Consider a scenario if the same file location is configured for monitoring with multiple alarms with different threshold configuration. Say, the file location is configured to check File count<10 with alarm1 and the same file location is configured to check File count<100 with alarm2. In this scenario, both the configuration will be listed in the BizTalk group dashboard.
The Dashboard page allows you to apply filters to event types (Errors and Warnings) and top-level monitoring sections (BizTalk Application, BizTalk Server, SQL Server, SQL Instances and BizTalk Environment) for which you want to see the dashboard. You can choose an array of combinations, as per your requirement, by selecting the values in the checkboxes and the drop down.
Fit to screen, zoom in & zoom out and full screen Mode
- Fit to Screen -This option is to fit the graphical view based on the resolution. If the view goes beyond the resolution, you can choose this option to fit the view
- Zoom in & Zoom Out -This option is for zooming the graphical tree in and out.
- Full Screen mode -The Graphical tree view can be expanded to fill the entire screen with full screen feature. This option is very helpful for those who want to display the dashboard on a large monitor or HDTV Screen. In the Full screen mode, you can see the PDF option to download the current graphical view in PDF file.
BizTalk Group dashboard automatically refreshes every 60 seconds and the Graphical tree view pane and Error and Warning pane get the latest information. You can manually refresh the dashboard, by clicking the Refresh button in the Graphical view pane.
Errors and Warnings section
Users can see the error and warning details in the Error and Warning pane. This section is segregated based on the artifacts type, which lists the error/warning details of the configured artifacts along with the alarm name.
The user can filter the error type Error/Warning/All using the filter option which is available in the dashboard. The filter reflects in the graph and also in the error/warning pane.
2. When an alarm is imported, all the artifacts mapped to the respective alarm will get automatically updated in BizTalk Group Dashboard after 2 mins
Manage BizTalk Group Dashboard
- Users can easily Enable/Disable the BizTalk group dashboard using the toggle button.
- It has a rich filter capability in which the user can easily configure what type of artifacts need to be shown in the dashboard. The filter details can be reconfigured at any point in time using the gear icon.