Like Slack, Microsoft Teams is a chat-based workspace that enables various teams in an enterprise to collaborate through a common workspace. Since messages can’t be posted directly to a team, you need to go through a channel. For that we need to enable a connector that allows us to receive messages. To connect BizTalk360 with Microsoft Teams, the first step is to add a custom incoming Webhook to your Microsoft Teams channel. An Incoming Webhook is a way to deliver data into a service using HTTP calls. Once after adding the webhook to a channel, a new Webhook URL will get generated and through that connector, the BizTalk360 notifications will get received by your channel.
Setting up a Microsoft Teams notification in BizTalk360 is a two-step process:
- Configure Microsoft Teams channel in BizTalk360 by entering the Connector details
- Enabling Microsoft Teams Notification channel in BizTalk360 Alarm
Configuring Microsoft Teams Channel in BizTalk360
- Log into the BizTalk360 application
- Click the 'Settings' icon found at the top right corner of the page
- Click 'Monitoring and Notification' from the Menu panel on the left side of the screen
- Click Manage Notification Channels
- Select the checkbox against the Microsoft Teams Channel name (B360.Notifier.MicrosoftTeamsNotification)
- Click Configure
- Enter the Microsoft Teams Connector details
- Message card summary (optional) this is to customize the Teams Message Card; the entered text will get displayed in the Teams Message Card when the BizTalk360 notification is received
- Click the Configure button to save the Microsoft Teams configuration settings
- Once you click configure, the Is Configured field changes from No to Yes
Enabling Microsoft Teams Notification Channel in BizTalk360 Alarm
Once you have configured Microsoft Teams channel in BizTalk360, you can enable this notification channel from Alarm creation blade to complete the process. BizTalk360 will start monitoring the status of the artifact based on the threshold condition. If there is any threshold violation, you will receive the alerts to configured Microsoft Teams notification channel.
To enable Microsoft Teams notification channel, you need to follow the steps as shown below:
- From the Home dashboard, click the Monitoring tab
- Select Manage Alarms
- Click New Alarm
- Select Consolidated Monitoring to create an alarm
- Enter a descriptive name for the Alarm (Microsoft Teams Notifications), Email id, and Alarm Description
- Click Next. Make the necessary settings for threshold violations and health alarm
- In the Notification Channel(s) section on the Advanced (Notifications) screen, you will notice Microsoft Teams is listed with a toggle icon. Toggle the icon to enable the Microsoft Teams Notifications.
- Click Next to continue creating the alarm
- Map the alarm with any Application artifacts and the BizTalk Server environment
- Once the mapping is done, whenever there is any threshold violation in the environment, you will receive the alert notifications on Microsoft Teams. You need not log into BizTalk360 to view the status of the environment at any point of time.