- Updated on 30 Apr 2018
- 2 minutes to read
Slack is widely used tool to bring internal communications together in one place. This configuration will allow you to send alert notifications from BizTalk360 alarms directly to the Slack channel of your choice. The primary step to receive notifications in Slack is to configure your Slack channel in BizTalk360 using your Slack Access Token. If you don't have Access Token, create an application in Slack and generate token here. Once you configure Slack in BizTalk360, enable the Slack notification from Alarm creation blade to complete the process.
To reiterate, Setting up a Slack notification in BizTalk360 is a two-step process:
- Configure Slack channel in BizTalk360 by entering the Slack Access Token
- Enabling Slack Notification channel in BizTalk360 Alarm
These steps will be described below.
Configuring Slack Channel in BizTalk360
To configure Slack Channel in BizTalk360, you need to follow the steps as shown below:
- Login to BizTalk360 application (as a Super user)
- Click the Settings icon at the top of the page
- Click Monitoring and Notification from the left menu bar
- Click Manage Notification Channels
- Select the checkbox against one of the Channel name; for instance, B360.Notifier.SlackNotification
- Click Configure
- Gateway URL - This is a pre-filled tab, you cannot edit this value
- Access Token - Enter the Access Token value copied from Slack
- With this, the basic settings are completed. Enter the proxy server details if BizTalk360 environment is behind a proxy (This is optional)
- Click the Configure button to save the Slack configuration settings
- Once you click configure, the Is Configured field changes from No to Yes
Enabling Slack Notification Channel in BizTalk360 Alarm
Once you have configured Slack in BizTalk360, you can enable the Slack notification from Alarm creation blade to complete the process. BizTalk360 will start monitoring the status of the artifact based on the threshold condition. If there is any threshold violation, you will receive the alerts to configured Slack notification channel.
To enable Slack notification channel, you need to follow the steps as shown below:
- From Home dashboard, click the Monitoring tab
- Select Manage Alarms
- Click New Alarm
- Select For Threshold Monitoring to create a threshold monitoring alarm
- Enter a descriptive name for the Alarm (Slack Notifications), Email id, and Alarm Description
- Click Next. Make the necessary settings for Threshold violation.
- In the Notification Channel(s) section on the Advanced (Notifications) screen, you will notice Slack is listed with a toggle icon. Toggle the icon to enable the Slack Notifications.
- Enter the username that you use to log into Slack (say, scottacme), and the channel name (#Acme)
- Click OK to create the alarm
- Map the alarm with any Application artefacts and the BizTalk Server environment
- Once the mapping is done, whenever there is any threshold violation in the environment, Scott will receive the alert notifications on the Slack #Acme channel. He need not log in to BizTalk360 to view the status of the environment at any point of time.