- 12 Jul 2022
- 1 Minute to read
- Updated on 12 Jul 2022
- 1 Minute to read
BizTalk360 database eventually can grow due to various factors based on your configurations. In that scenario, there is a chance that database fragmentation will get an increase, which will slow down the SQL Query execution of the BizTalk360 database. The database maintenance feature will give insight into the health of the BizTalk360 database and also helps the user to Rebuild or Reorganize the BizTalk360 database table indexes when it reaches the threshold limit. This action is handled via a sub-service called "Database Maintenance" which runs under the BizTalk360 monitoring service.
Database Index Health
The fragmentation threshold is updated with a default value as below. This default threshold value can be changed as per your database usage and business need.
- Rebuild Index - Fragmentation threshold (70%) and Page Count(1000)
- Reorganize Index - Fragmentation threshold (50%)
Based on this threshold value system will list the indexes and their status, whether any actions like rebuilding or reorganizing are required. BizTalk360 system will automatically take the action against fragmented indexes. Users can also create a schedule to take the action only during that particular time.
The health of the index is also updated in the header along with the status and number of indexes that are beyond the threshold limit.
Steps to configure Schedule for Database Maintenance
- Navigate to Settings->BizTalk360 health->Database Maintenance
- Update the threshold value for fragmentation and page count to rebuild the index
- Update the threshold value for fragmentation to reorganize the index
- Enable schedule to rebuild or reorganize the table indexes and update the day & time to execute the schedule. So that the Rebuild or Reorganize action will be taken only during the configured time
Points to remember
- Rebuild or Reorganize action will be taken offline so the table Indexes which are opted for Rebuild will not be available for I/O operations during that time(only for a second).
- BizTalk360 Monitoring service will take action on indexes immediately once the threshold violation occurs. Enable schedule to perform the Database maintenance in quiet hours.
- It's always advised to use the BizTalk360 purge policy to avoid data growth.