Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is the most commonly used messaging protocol in B2B data exchange. BizTalk has native support for EDI’s primary standards X12 and EDIFACT. BizTalk has EDI Status reporting capability built on top of BAM to help the support personnel to know the status of EDI transactions, interchanges and acknowledgments correlated. You can find these reports on the Group Hub page of BizTalk Administration Console. BizTalk360 has all these reporting capabilities in its web console and adds data monitoring capability on top of that. For more information on EDI reporting capabilities in BizTalk360, refer “EDI Reporting Capabilities”. For more information on Data Monitoring capabilities in BizTalk360, refer “EDI Data Monitoring”.
Functional Acknowledgement Status Reporting
Let us consider a B2B scenario, Fabrikam sends out an X12 interchange containing multiple functional groups and transaction sets to its partner Contoso and expects a technical Acknowledgement (TA1) and functional Acknowledgements (997) for each functional group. Suppose if Technical acknowledgment indicates successful reception of the interchange, the Interchange/ACK Status should reflect as Accepted. BizTalk360 adds a brand new type of reporting called “Functional ACK Status” Report to the existing list of EDI reports.
Follow the steps as shown below to retrieve the EDI status report information for Functional Acknowledgement Status Reporting:
- Log into the BizTalk360 application
- Click 'EDI Status Reports' in the Menu panel on the left side of the screen
- In the EDI Status Reports screen, under Build Query Expression;
- Select Query - Choose Functional ACK Status options from the drop down to retrieve the status of EDI reports
- Max Matches - Select the number of records to be fetched from the message box database. Ex. 10, 25, 50, 100.
- Add a filter - To filter the results based on different parameters. The parameters will vary while retrieving the status of ACK Status, Agreement Name, Direction, Interchange Date Time, Interchange ID, Reciever Party and Sender Party. Once the filter criteria are selected, you will automatically see the values for the filter getting listed in the drop down. Ex. Direction, Is Equal To, Receive. The user can choose the required value from the drop-down.
- Once a filter item is chosen from the drop down and while adding a new filter, the previously selected item will not be visible in the drop down.The operator in most cases is 'Is Equal To'. But in the case of the category 'Interchange Date Time', the operator will be 'On or Before' or 'On or Later'.
- X - To delete the filter criteria
- Click 'Execute Query'. The Query Results section displays the list of EDI status reports
- Once the ACK status report is generated, click the Properties icon (represented as an Eye icon) to view the interchange status information.
Filter Implementation for Grids
A Filter capability is implemented for the grid columns to do better search from the grid columns. A user can filter the data from the respective rows according to their needs.
The following types of filters have been implemented in the grid columns of EDI Status Reports:
- Date Time Filter
- Text Filter
Date Time Filter
The Date Time filter is added to filter grid data based on the given selected date and time. This filter has below options for easy search: • Is equal to • Is not equal to • Is after or equal to • Is after • Is before or equal to • Is before • Is Null • Is not Null
This is the most commonly used filter. Using this filter, a user can perform text based search. The text filter has the following options:
- Is equal to
- Is not equal to
- Starts with
- Ends with
- Does not Contains
- Is Null
- Is not null
- Is Empty
- Is not Empty