- 12 Apr 2021
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 12 Apr 2021
- 2 Minutes to read
BizTalk360 contains a monitoring service specifically to collect the throttling performance counter data from various servers in the environment. The service collects the throttling information of the host/host instances configuration every 15 seconds. The Throttling Analyser feature in BizTalk360 plots them in a graph that will help the user to understand the different states of the host/host instances during a time range. The support users may/may not have sufficient information about the throttling state and the mitigation strategy to reduce the throttling conditions of the host/host instance. This is where Knowledge Base articles can be really helpful for support people to understand the problem and identify a solution.
Let's say the throttling activity of a host instance is being monitored and at a point in time the monitoring service plots the throttling state against the 'System Memory'. Once the reason and a mitigation strategy are identified for the throttling, as a best practice, the information can be documented so that it could be handy for support personnel when they encounter a similar situation.
Adding New KB Article For Throttling Data
- Log in to the BizTalk360
- Click the Knowledge Base icon on the left side panel
- Click Throttling Data and click Add New to create a new KB article
- In the Add New Knowledge Base Article page, enter/select the following information
- Article Title – Give a meaningful name for the article
- Event ID – Add the throttling state value (ex: 4-process memory, 5- system memory, 10 – user override etc.)
- Article Description – Enter the detailed information for the KB Article in the text editor space provided. The text can be formatted with the appropriate font/colors/bold/italics and so on
- Environment – Choose the environment in which the KB Article is to be displayed. If the default option (Choose Environment) is chosen, the KB article will be applied to all the environments
- Computer name – Select the computer name in which the throttling data is being collected
- Hostname – Select the host for which the throttling information is collected
5. Click Save to save the KB article for the corresponding throttling data
6. Click Close - to close the KB article creation window and display the list of created KB articles. It will prompt the user with a confirmation message as 'Are you sure you want to close?'. Click OK to close the KB article creation window
Create multiple articles for the same Throttling data
BizTalk360 allows support persons to create and tag multiple articles against the same error code. The application uses the Best Match scenario to identify and display the KB article for the error code. Let's say there is a KB article for the throttling data "system memory" and a new KB article to be created for the same throttling data, but for a different host as the mitigation steps are different when compared to other host instances. This depends on the additional options, known as tags (Environment, Computer Name, Host Name) that the support person chooses while creating a KB article for the particular service instance error code.