Once alarms are created and functioning, then the 'Monitoring Dashboard' becomes the one-stop point for support people to view the status of the alarm(s). User can choose the relevant alarm from the drop-down box, which will display the Monitoring Dashboard. Customers typically display the monitoring dashboard on big LCD screens which helps them to keep an eye on the health of their environment in a visual way.
The Monitoring Dashboard can be reached as follows:
- Log in to the BizTalk360 application
- Click 'Monitoring' tab in the Navigation panel on the left side of the screen
- From the 'Select Alarm' drop down, select the alarm for which you want to see the Monitoring Dashboard
Graphical Tree View Structure
The Monitoring Dashboard provides a single page graphical tree view structure of the status of all configured sections within an alarm. The dashboard has a number of characteristics. See below for a list of the most important ones:
- When you click on a node in the graph, you will be navigated to the corresponding section
- The 'Toggle Fit to Screen' option can be used to fit the entire contents of the tree view into your screen
- The dashboard is scalable, as you can create complex monitoring configurations for the different applications in your environment
- The tree view expands on the horizontal and vertical axis and is interactive, so that you can zoom in and zoom out to view the status of the artefacts.
- The nodes in monitoring dashboard are colour coded as Green, Yellow, and Red, representing healthy, warning, and error states. If any of the node in the overall structure goes RED, the complete path to that node will be highlighted in RED representing there is a problem in the environment
The Dashboard page allows you to apply filters to event types (Errors and Warnings) and top level monitoring sections (BizTalk Application, BizTalk Server, SQL Server, SQL Instance and BizTalk Environment) for which you want to see the dashboard. You can choose an array of combinations as per your requirement by selecting the values in the check boxes and the drop down.
The status of monitoring service can be seen at the top of dashboard page. The status information will contain the last execution time of the BizTalk360 monitoring service. If the service is running, you will see a Green color status icon. If the monitoring service is stopped/paused, you will see a Red color status icon with the last time when the monitoring service fetched the information.
You can select an alarm from the drop down, after which the dashboard will show the monitoring graph for the artifacts that are associated with the selected alarm.
The Monitoring Dashboard automatically refreshes every 60 seconds and the graph gets updated with the latest information.
You can also refresh the dashboard manually, by clicking the Refresh button in the upper right corner.
Full Screen Mode
The graphical tree view can be expanded to fill the entire screen with the Full Screen feature. This feature is great for those users using screens on netbooks or to make the most of the HDTV screens. The full screen mode lets you to expand the tree view to fill up your whole screen. You can toggle back to normal view by pressing ESC button.
Full Screen mode is not supported in Internet Explorer 9 and 10.
The monitoring dashboard in full view and collapsed view mode shows a graphical tree view structure with the status of each configured sections within the alarm. A complex BizTalk environment will have numerous BizTalk resources created and monitored. These resources might be related to each other, might be independent, but they all work in a shared BizTalk environment. Viewing such complex environments in a graphical tree view will more often be cluttered and difficult to visualize in one view. To reduce the amount of clutter, you have the option to expand and collapse at the node level. Using this option you can expand the nodes that you wish to view and collapse the insignificant nodes.
You can view error information in two ways:
- by clicking the error node to view the error associated with the particular node
- by clicking the Error Info button to view the complete list of errors associated with the alarm