- 11 Jun 2021
- 2 Minutes to read
- Updated on 11 Jun 2021
- 2 Minutes to read
The first step in monitoring using BizTalk360 is to create Alarms. Alarms in BizTalk360 act like a package that contains all the components that need to be monitored. Quick Alarm configuration helps you to achieve this objective with no trouble.
A Quick Alarm is a consolidated alarm that enables you to select BizTalk Application artifacts that are in the Started/Stopped/Partially Started state and map it for monitoring. It also maps the following resources for monitoring under various categories (Threshold, Data Monitoring, Health Check)
Below artefacts are mapped for threshold monitoring:
- Receive Locations
- Send Ports
- Host Instances
- Host Throttling
- SQL Jobs
- BizTalk Servers (Disks and System resources)
The following modules are mapped for Data Monitoring with basic filter configuration.
- Process Monitoring
- Message Box
Various ways of Quick Alarm configuration
- From a dashboard - When no alarms have been configured in your environment, you can configure a Quick alarm either from the general monitoring dashboard or the data monitoring dashboard.
- From the Manage Alarm section - You can also create a Quick Alarm from the Manage Alarm section by selecting the ‘Quick Alarm’ button, even though you have already configured some alarms.
When you are creating a Quick alarm, you need to provide the following information:
- Alarm Name – A descriptive name of the alarm. By default, the alarm name will be ‘BizTalk360 Default Alarm’, but this name can be changed as per your need
- Email ids – The email addresses which need to receive the email notifications
Once the Quick alarm is configured, you will be notified if there is any threshold violation on the mapped artefacts. Data monitoring alerts happen every 15 mins and Health check alerts on 12 PM every day through email. These configurations can be changed later at any point in time.
The Quick alarm configuration skips the configurations, in case BAM, EDI, ESB is not configured for the environment and proceeds with the rest of the resources for monitoring.
Who can create Quick Alarm
A Quick alarm can be configured only by super users. This facility is restricted for normal and NT group. Whereas, if you have multiple super users configured, each of them have the privilege to configure a Quick Alarm.
Is a Quick Alarm differing from Normal Alarms?
No, a Quick alarm is not at all different from normal BizTalk360 alarms. The Quick Alarm feature has been brought to give a unified experience to the user and to easily set up monitoring. A Quick Alarm supports all the normal BizTalk360 alarm capabilities as:
• Reset notification count
• Copy the alarm configurations
• Change status – Enable/Disable Alarm
• Once a Quick Alarm is configured it can be edited or deleted at any time.
There is no restriction on the number of Quick Alarms creation; you can create any number of Quick Alarms in your environment.
If SMTP is not configured on the Settings side, the Quick Alarm configuration will automatically update the default BizTalk360 SMTP account.