BizTalk relies heavily on SQL server to persist the information about the environment. Therefore administrators face the need to access the SQL server frequently to view the BizTalk related information. To address this challenge, BizTalk360 displays the basic information from all the configured SQL servers, from a BizTalk perspective, within the user interface. A SQL job is a specified series of operations performed sequentially by SQL Server Agent. A job can perform a wide range of activities, including running Transact-SQL scripts, command prompt applications, Microsoft ActiveX scripts, Integration Services packages, Analysis Services commands, and queries, or Replication tasks. SQL Jobs like Backup BizTalk Server is used to take backup of the database logs. To perform operations on SQL Server Jobs:
- Log into the BizTalk360 application
- Click the Operations icon
- Click the expand button against ‘Infrastructure Settings’ tab and select ‘SQL Server Instances’ link
- Select the required Instance name and the details regarding the Instance will be displayed
- Click on ‘SQL Server Jobs’ tab
- Inline operations can be performed directly from the Grid View. You can perform the required operation in 3 different ways -
- Selecting the SQL Job (checkbox) and clicking on the Operation buttons (Enable/Disable) at the top of the grid
- Selecting the SQL Job (checkbox). When you do this, you will notice an inline operation showing up right next to the checkbox with the possible operations that you can perform on the SQL Job.
- Hovering over the record in the Current State column - When you hover the mouse over the Current State column, you will notice the possible operations that can be performed.
The super user can impose security restrictions on normal users from performing operations on the SQL Jobs. This can be set in the ‘User Access Policy’ under settings. For users who don’t have the privilege to perform operations on the SQL Jobs, the action buttons will not be visible.
Filter Implementation for Grids
A Filter capability is implemented for the grid columns of SQL Jobs to do better search from the grid columns. A user can filter the data from the respective rows according to their needs.
The following types of filters have been implemented in the grid columns of SQL Jobs:
- Status Filter
- Text Filter
The status filter is used to filter Status columns. The drop down of the filter shows values according the statuses which are displayed in the column. The user can select the status from the drop down and filter accordingly.
This is the most commonly used filter. Using this filter, a user can perform text based search. The text filter has the following options:
- Is equal to
- Is not equal to
- Starts with
- Ends with
- Does not Contains
- Is Null
- Is not null
- Is Empty
- Is not Empty