- 11 May 2020
- 3 Minutes to read
- Updated on 11 May 2020
- 3 Minutes to read
BizTalk360 has an option where administrators can stop the alert notifications being sent for a specific maintenance time for every environment. Say, if the deployment is supposed to take 1 hour, they can create a schedule to stop alerts during this period.
- Click 'Settings' (gear icon) located at the top of the page
- Click 'Monitoring and Notification' in the Menu panel on the left side of the screen
- Click 'Schedule Maintenance' ->New Schedule.
- Select the environment in which the maintenance is planned
- Exclude the alarm from maintenance(Optional)- Select the alarm you u want to exclude from maintainance i.e you still receive alerts during maintenance as well for the excluded alarm.
The schedule can be configured to stop receiving alerts immediately or later point of time-based on your maintenance plan.
You can set up the maintenance immediately from the current time by, enabling the 'Immediate' option and providing the maintenance end date and time in the schedule configuration.
Configure the schedule with Start and end date time to stop receiving alerts during the future maintenance period. A future maintenance schedule can be configured for onetime or recurrence execution.
- One-Time execution - The schedule will execute only once based on start/End Time configured.
Say for instance if you want to stop notification alert during the deployment which has been planned on 27th of March from 9 AM to 11 AM then you can create a schedule with onetime execution. you will not receive any alerts from 9 AM to 11 AM on 27th March.
2. Recurrence Execution -The schedule will be created once and that can be executed multiple times based on the recurrence pattern configured during the selected start and end time.
Configure recurrence schedule with below recurrence pattern :
- Daily: The Schedule will execute every single day or 2 days/3days once during the configured start and end date-time.
Scenario, The below image describes, the schedule will execute every 2 days once from 2 PM to 3 PM, from the start date March 31 to the end date April 10.
- Weekly: The Schedule will execute every week or 2 weeks/3weeks once during the configured start and end date-time period .you can also define whether you want to execute the schedule during all the days in a selected week, or only on the particular days.
Scenario- Say for instance If you want to stop receiving alerts during all the weekend for the whole 1 year. Then configure a schedule with start and end date for 1 year .
Recurrence Pattern: Weekly frequency -> Recur every week -> On Saturday and Sunday
- Monthly - The schedule will recur on a monthly basis. Say you can define in which month you are planning for maintenance and also you can configure Date of the month / Day of the week the maintenance is planned
Date of Month - Schedule will get executed on the specific dates of the configured month. The below image explains the schedule will repeat every 1st and 15th of January, May and December Month.
Day of the week - The schedule will repeat on every configured day of the week on the selected month. For instance, if you want to maintain system on the last Sunday of every month, you can configure as below.
Months - All Months , Days - Last Sunday
Users can stop the maintenance in between manually d. Say for instance If you planned to put the system in maintenance during deployment period for 2 hours, but if your deployment was over within 1 hour, then you can stop your maintenance. you don't want to wait for 2 hours to receive alerts.
You stop maintainance from 2 sections :
- From an operational dashboard: When the environment is on maintainance, the same will be intimated in the operation dashboard. User can stop maintainance by clicking 'Stop Maintainance' and proving reason for stopping.
From Schedule Maintainance Section: For the current active schedule(which is on maintainance currently) a stop will button will be enabled . User can stop maintainance by clicking that stop button .
The below schedule activities are audited along with the user name and the action performed time for further reference.
- Create - New Schedule created for maintenance
- Update- Edit and modify the schedule configuration settings.
- Delete - Delete the schedule, to stop the execution
- Stop - Manually stopping the maintenance in between.
- Complete - Maintenance completed after the configuration period, This is a system action.
2. During maintenance, no alert will be triggered for the alarm and Autocorrect will also not execute.
3. You can edit the schedule and stop the maintenance in between. i.e before the maintenance period gets over.