- 11 Apr 2022
- 4 Minutes to read
- Updated on 11 Apr 2022
- 4 Minutes to read
In this article, we take a detailed look at the System Settings in BizTalk360. Users can set up data access settings, date/time settings, cache settings, and how to enable Live feed globally under Global Settings. Moreover, under Monitoring and Notification Settings, users can set up System Alert settings and Monitoring settings. Based on the requirements, users can set up monitoring settings and also set up System alert settings by configuring email addresses. By doing so, BizTalk360 will trigger an alert when the license is about to expire, and on the scheduled date and time users will receive the unmapped application artifact details.
To configure the global settings navigate to Settings ->System Settings->Global configuration
- Data Access Settings - This configuration is Configure the count of max matches query result, secure SQL row count
- Max matches - These values define the number of results that can show up for different query types
- Service instance download location - The folder in the BizTalk360 server where service instance details can be saved from the MessageBox queries
- Secure SQL Row Count - The maximum number of records a Secure SQL Query can return
- BizTalk60 Host URL - Update the URL where BizTalk360 is hosted . Which is used to redirect from email to the specific section in the application .
- Allow Stored Procedure Execution -By enabling/disabling this you can manage if any stored procedure can be executed from the Secure SQL query. By default, this will be enabled. This is introduced in version 10.2
- Date Time Settings
- System TimeZone -Set up the system time zone based upon your requirements
- System DateTime Format - Set up Date Time format based on need
- From version 10.1 onward if any new user is created, the user will be assigned with the above-configured system timezone and date-time format by default. If they want they can edit and modify in the user profile
- Cache Settings- By default, we store the Active Directory cache for 2 hours. Click the clear cache button to clear the Active Directory cache. If any user/group permissions modified in the active directory please use this option to reflect the latest changes
- BizTalk Health Monitor - Once BHM is installed and configured in the server where BizTalk360 monitoring service is running. you need to provide an installed file location directory here for BHM Integration.
Monitoring and Notification Settings
- Log in to the BizTalk360 application
- Click the 'Settings' section and hit 'System Settings
- Select 'Monitoring and Notification settings'. There, the following settings can be found:
- Monitoring Settings
- Data monitoring archive location - You need to specify a valid file location in order to be able to archive the service instance information
- Maximum number of attachments in email/download - You can increase the maximum number of attachments in email/download
- Total file size allowed per email/download - You can set the maximum number of file size (MB) allowed per email/download
- Email error description - List count - You can set the count of error description based on the list
- Email error description - Char count - You can set the count of error description based on the character count
- Auto Correct Reset Interval - Users can set the number of retries and reset it when the maximum limit is reached. However, it can be time-consuming to set the reset interval time for every configured auto correct. To overcome this, an option to set the default auto-correct reset interval is introduced in the System setting section
- Enable Group by Description - Toggle the button to enable group by description
- System Alert Settings
- Enable System Alert - Toggle the button to receive System Alerts about BizTalk360 License expiration and Unmapped BizTalk artifacts. For more detail, check the System Alert Settings section
- Monitoring Settings
- Click 'Save'
System Alert Settings
Follow the steps to configure the System Alert notification:
- Select 'System Alert Settings' under System Settings
- Enable the toggle button 'Enable System Alert'
- Admin user email(s) - Once the admin user email id is configured, alerts can be sent to the admin user as well as to the users who are configured to receive alarm notifications. Users can also provide multiple email addresses, separated by semicolons. The BizTalk360 Monitoring service has the capability to send System Alerts to the configured admin user emails in the System Settings. For this purpose, a sub-service called 'System Alert' exists in the BizTalk360 Monitoring service. This sub-service takes care of sending system-related notifications. Enable the system alert schedule to set up system alert settings.
The System Alert service will push the system notifications via the following mechanisms:
- Auto Trigger
The System Alert Schedule will send periodic reports of unmapped application artifacts. This will be helpful to the BizTalk Operation Users/Administrators who can take appropriate actions to configure the artifacts for monitoring. Based on the configuration, the Monitoring Service will alert the Unmapped Application Artifacts in the BizTalk environment. The UnMapped Application Artifacts list will be available as an attachment in the email notification
When the particular events or conditions meet the triggering rules, then the alerts will be triggered automatically.
When the BizTalk360 license is about to expire, the BizTalk360 System Alerts service will notify the license expiration to the admin users. Notifications will be sent 30, 15, 7, 2 days before the license expiry date.
System Alert History
The BizTalk360 System Alert History can be viewed by clicking the 'System Alert History' button. The Alert History is maintained for both the alert types (Schedule and Trigger).
Note: Custom notification channel alerts are not applicable for Systems Alerts.
To configure the Monitor error alerts, users must provide either an email id or configure any one of the notification channels. The notification channel(s) can be configured by clicking the Manage Notification Channels link.