- Updated On 01 Jun 2018
- 4 Minutes To Read
One of the core features of BizTalk360 is the Governance and Auditing capabilities. BizTalk360 has a powerful governance/auditing system that maintains the user activity logs within the system. It basically provides the 'Who did What' information for administrators.
BizTalk360 has the capability to allow administrators to view the "Governance/Audit" data real-time in the "Live Feed" section. The administrators can get to know the basic information such as "Who performed, what operation, on which artifact, at what time" instantaneously through the Real-Time Activity Feed section. The administrator can easily navigate to the corresponding section in the application by clicking the entry on the Real-Time Activity Feed pane.
The following user operations will be tracked in the Real-Time Activity Feed section –
- Application Activities (operations such as Start/Stop/Enable/Disable/Enlist/Unenlist on Receive Ports, Send Ports, Receive Locations, Orchestrations)
- Service Instance Activities (Suspend/Resume/Terminate operations on service instances)
- Host Instance Activities (Start/Stop/Enable/Disable operations on host instances)
- ESB Activities (Save/Message Resubmit operations on ESB Messages)
- Business Rules (Saving a New Policy/New Version/Rename/Publish/Deploy/Undeploy/Delete operation on policy)
In-depth view of real-time feed screen
The Real-Time Activity Feed section will be visible on the right side of the BizTalk360 application view. Clicking within this pane will automatically navigate to the appropriate section within the application. For instance, if any user stopped the host instance when the super user clicks on the row data in the Real-Time Activity Feed pane, the super user will automatically be navigated to the Host Instances screen where he can easily choose to perform any actions, as required.
Expand/Collapse Real-Time Activity Feed - Click the 'Customize' button to expand the pane. Click again to collapse the pane.
Domain Name/Username (Who) - Displays the domain name and the username of the user who performed the operation Operation (What)- Displays the operation that was performed by the user
Artifact: Artifact Name (Which) - Displays the type of artifact and the operation that was performed on the artifact by the user
Time (When)- Displays the timestamp when the user performed the operation. The time stamp value is displayed depending on the user profile setting.
Image - Displays the user image that has been set for the user profile. If no image has been specified for the user profile, a default Avatar image will be displayed for the operation performed by the user.
Show History - When selected, displays the consolidated list of user activities that have been performed over a period of time
Real-Time Activity feed system settings
The first step to set up Real-Time Activity Feed in BizTalk360 is to configure the "Live feed polling interval" and "Live feed / User activity history row count" values in the System Settings screen under BizTalk360 Settings. These settings will determine how often the live feed will get executed and how many rows of data will be visible in the Real-Time Activity Feed pane.
- Log into the application (as Super user)
- Navigate to 'BizTalk360 Settings' by clicking the gear icon on the top right corner of the page
- Click 'System Settings' option from the left menu
- In the Live feed polling interval, enter the value depending on the requirement. This value is represented in seconds.
- The minimum value that can be specified is 15 (seconds) and the maximum value is 600 (seconds).
- In the Live feed / User activity history row count, enter the value depending on the requirement. This field will determine the number of rows of data that will be visible in the live feed pane.
- The minimum value that can be specified is 10 and the maximum value is 100.
- Click 'Save' to save the system settings information
Real-Time Activity feed purge policy
One of the most important requirements while operating with BizTalk360 is to constantly purge the data from the database to avoid running out of disk space. The Administrators/Super users can set up the "Purge duration" under "Settings". Follow the steps as shown below to set up the data purging policy for Real-Time Activity Feed.
- Navigate to BizTalk360 Settings by clicking the gear icon on the top right corner of the page
- Click 'BizTalk360 Health' from the left menu bar
- Click 'Data Purging' from the list of options
- Customize the purge policy for the Live Feed section by entering the value in the space provided. E.g, say, 5 Days/2 Weeks/1 Month
- Click 'Save' to save the purge policy for the live feed section