BizTalk360 Azure Easy Installer
- Updated on 02 Jan 2019
- 4 minutes to read
What is BizTalk360 Azure Easy Installer?
As the industry shifts towards the usage of Cloud and cloud services, organizations have started to move their workload into the cloud. Most of the on-premise solution offerings are now being made available in the cloud for customers to take advantage of the technology. On these lines, customers using Microsoft BizTalk Server have made their move towards Microsoft Azure - Microsoft's cloud-based platform for building, deploying and managing applications and services. Organizations have started to migrate their BizTalk environments (say, development, testing) to Azure.
The move to cloud eventually means that customers using BizTalk360 for managing and monitoring their BizTalk server environments will need their BizTalk360 setup to run on their Azure setup. Without BizTalk360 on their Azure setup, the only way for customers to manage their BizTalk environment (running on Azure) is by physically logging into the server through RDP connection. Also, there is a challenge with the number of RDP connections (no. of users) who can access the server at a time. Therefore, the presence of BizTalk360 becomes an important factor - be it in an on-premise setup or on a remote server (Azure).
Keeping this in mind, we wanted users to have a seamless experience when using BizTalk360 on Azure - get things ready in a single click. BizTalk360 Azure Easy Installer does this job in a single click.
So, what exactly is BizTalk360 Azure Easy Installer?
BizTalk360 Azure Easy Installer is a one-step process (using a simple PowerShell script) to install BizTalk360 and configure Microsoft BizTalk Server (if required) on a BizTalk server running in Microsoft Azure. The BizTalk360 Azure Easy Installer eliminates the need to manually install BizTalk360 using the MSI and also provides an option to install and configure BizTalk Server, if you are having a brand new virtual machine provisioned in Azure.
What do I need in order to set up BizTalk360 Azure Easy Installer?
To set up BizTalk360 Azure Easy Installer, the very basic requirement is to have an Azure Subscription. With a valid Azure Subscription, you can install a BizTalk server (either provision a brand new BizTalk server or use an existing BizTalk server setup) and set up BizTalk360 in a single click using the BizTalk360 Azure Easy Installer.
What are the Advantages of using BizTalk360 for Cloud Environments?
BizTalk360 can be used for managing and monitoring on-premise BizTalk server environments as well as BizTalk environments running on Azure (cloud). The advantages of using BizTalk360 in your BizTalk environments running in Microsoft Azure are:
- Complete web-based remote management and monitoring capabilities through your browser
- No more physical RDP access into server to manage your BizTalk environments
- Allow multiple users to access the environment easily
How to use BizTalk360 Azure Easy Installer?
In this article, we will show you the detailed process on how to use the BizTalk360 Azure Easy Installer.
Follow the steps as shown to use the BizTalk360 Azure Easy Installer:
- Log in to the Virtual Machine from your Azure Subscription
- Open PowerShell
- In the PowerShell command prompt, enter the following command
- After few seconds, the BizTalk360 Azure Easy Installer page will be displayed. The page contains the following details:
* Service Account Details - Enter the service account user name and password in the fields. BizTalk360 and BizTalk Server (if required) will be configured under this service account details.
* Configure BizTalk Server - Select this option if you have a brand new machine and wish to configure BizTalk Server.
* Install BizTalk360 - Select the check box to install BizTalk360 in the environment.
* Install & Configure - Click this button to Install & Configure BizTalk Server (if selected above) and BizTalk360 in the environment.
* Installation Steps (progress) - Displays the progress of the installation process.
* Progress Log - Displays the log of the operations that are happening at the background during the installation process with the status of each operation
- Once you have made the configurations (entering the user name and password for service account), click Install & Configure button to install and configure BizTalk360 and BizTalk Server (if selected).
- You will notice the installation progress in the Progress Log. If everything goes well, at the end of the installation process, you will see an Internet Explorer window firing up the BizTalk360 homepage. Also, you will notice two desktop icons Open BizTalk360 and BizTalk360 Documentation. Click the icons to perform the operation in a single click.