- 11 Jul 2022
- 1 Minute to read
- Updated on 11 Jul 2022
- 1 Minute to read
What is PagerDuty?
PagerDuty empowers business users to prevent and resolve business-impacting incidents for an exceptional customer experience. With lots of native integrations, on-call scheduling & escalations, machine learning, business-wide response orchestration, analytics, and much more, PagerDuty gets the right data in the hands of the right people in real-time.
Monitoring alerts from BizTalk360 can be configured to be sent on the PagerDuty notification channel to facilitate further correlation. From enriching and aggregating events to correlating them into actionable incidents, PagerDuty provides insights so you can intelligently respond to critical violations.
How To Configure PagerDuty?
PagerDuty comes as a default notification channel in BizTalk360. To associate your PagerDuty Notification channel in BizTalk360 you need to update an Integration Key.
Follow the below steps in PagerDuty to acquire Integration Key
- Login to PagerDuty with valid credentials.
Follow the below steps to update the integration key in BizTalk360
- To configure PagerDuty navigate to BizTalk360 Settings->Notifications->Notification channel
- On the available default notification channels select PagerDuty and click Edit Configurations, Which opens the PagerDuty Configuration blade
- In the Configuration blade update the Integration Key, Client, and Client URL details
- Update the notification Setting whether you want the notification to get triggered all the time or only when an Error or warning violation is identified in the environment
- If you are using a proxy then enable proxy settings
- Finally, to save the PagerDuty configuration click Save
- On Successful configuration, you can Enable PagerDuty on the Alarm configuration page.
Once the mapping is done, whenever there is any threshold violation in the environment, you will receive alert notifications on PagerDuty.